National Wellness Month emphasizes self-care, stress management, and other healthy routines.
Taking care of yourself can often be pushed to the side for work deadlines, family, and other important obligations. Wellness is key to accomplishing your goals, whether that be receiving a promotion, having a family, getting an education; whatever your goals may be! This month presents an excellent opportunity to introduce healthy habits into your lifestyle and see if they make a difference in how you feel.
Self-care helps manage stress and promote happiness. This does not have to be difficult or strenuous; simple changes to your everyday life can make all the difference! See the list below for a few small changes that you can make in your life to better practice self-care:
- Drink more water
- Include more fruit & vegetables in your meals throughout the day
- Go for a walk/jog, attend a yoga class; get active your way
- Exercise can reduce the risk of developing health conditions like high blood pressure, heart attack, and mental ill-health. It can also give you more energy throughout the day.
- Monitor your sleep and adjust as necessary to create better sleeping habits
- Meditation is a great way to control emotions and calm your nerves
- Take short breaks during the day
These simple self-care tips can go a long way towards feeling better and living a healthier lifestyle.
Are you interested in even more ways to practice wellness during the month of August? If so, you’re in luck. Wellnessmonth.com and @wellnessmonth on Instagram provide excellent resources for unique ways to practice wellness and self-care this month. There are many examples of other people practicing self-care if you need inspiration. Additionally, they have a calendar with a new wellness idea for each day in August to propel you through the month in a healthy and happy way!